Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mud Mud Glorious Mud

I am trying ever so hard to put a positive spin on this mud which with 2 dogs and 4 cats you can imagine what my poor house looks like.
It is slowly drying up so I'll stop my ranting. Spent the day catching up with chores. The emus will be happy to be back otside which won't happen for a while yet. The sun was in full tilt today so we are making lots of power these days.

This evening Roy and I did some ground driving with Katie this is only the second time she has done this and what with Agnes and Teddy( 2 dogs) running and barking around her feet as well as the other horses kicking up a storm and racing through the snow, she did exceptionally well.

We will introduce her in a sectioned off portion of the paddock next week.

Our natural food regime is kinda getting to me. We didn't come into the house until noon and there were no leftovers to eat so I had to make a quick veggie soup with turnip, potatoes, onion and cabbage I was so hungry. Supper also tends to be very late as we don't finish evening chores until after 6pm or so and by the time we get somehting on the table it's usually after 8pm, not the best time to be eating supper. I am also craving something sweet tonight but will settle for tea and an apple.

After this we shall order our seeds from terra edibles as well as a biodegradable weed barrier that we can cover the whole garden with. It should make a big difference this year.

No comments: